When the sacred is torn, the pain cuts deep. Sleep may not come, but promises do. My daughter, You will not be consumed.
I want to make sense of it, but can’t. I want to claim that promise that my God would not allow this to happen.
But…I…can’t. I can’t because he didn’t make that promise.
Here on earth you will have may trials and sorrows. John 16:33
In her song, Held, Natalie Grant says it so well, “The promise was when everything fell, we’d be held.”
This truth leaves a lingering question. What, then, must we do in the suffering? How do I know this comfort that HE has so graciously extended toward my soul? How can I feel held?
- Pray…no, I’m not talking about saying “grace” before your meal or whispering out a quick one before your head hits the pillow. What we need here, girls, is an on-your-face-broken-pouring-out-your-heart Hannah kind of prayer.
- Worship…sure, you should still go to church, but that is not what I mean here either. Find the contemporary Christian station on Pandora, turn it up loud, close your eyes and worship HIM. Take the words into your heart and mean them.
- Cover yourself in scripture…I really mean this. Every wall, mirror, dashboard, computer screen in your house should have a verse posted on it. Scripture is your defense against the lies of the enemy. Lies that steal and destroy.
- Get help…tell someone you need help and take the help they offer. Make a list of ways that someone can help, so that you will have an answer when they ask.
- Take your hands off…face the truth right now. You are not in control of this situation and you can’t do anything about it. Give it to God and take your hands (and mouth) off.
Want more details on how to make these steps work? I was hoping you’d say that! Come back tomorrow!
Last updated byat .