There are few things more exciting than a great adventure tied in with the quest for God’s word. Samuel L Collins and the search for Biblical Truths is the perfect DVD for the job. From the moment the package arrived, Nathan (age 5) simply could not wait to see the adventure that awaited inside the DVD case. Even the girls were curious about this new arrival. I’m super picky when it comes to movies, so this was a rare treat!
There are so many fantastic qualities of this movie:
- It features a strong moral lesson, but negative behavior is not the focus. Instead Samuel is faced with a real life dilemma of having picked up some money that a stranger dropped and determining what to do with it. The temptation is high, as his family has a shopping trip planned to a nearby mall.
- Samuel is respectful to all people in the movie, especially his parents.
- Samuel’s dad is portrayed as a strong leader of the home and works diligently to deepen Samuel’s love for God’s truths.
- The story is interesting and captivates all of my children.
- The story is set in Singapore giving kids exposure to new places.
- Samuel has a slight speech impediment, reminding children and parents that it is God who equips us for what He has called us to do.
Leah (8) said- It’s cool that he gives the money back because it’s the right thing to do.
Rachel (7) said-I like that he is a secret agent finding out about God’s word.
Nathan (5)-I like the part where he says- “you’re learning kid, you’re learning kid.”
It was so sweet that Nathan’s favorite part involved Samuel getting praise from his father. Such a great reminder that kids not only notice these things, they thrive on it!
Grab your GPS coordinates and join us for Samuel’s next adventure! Head over to their website to check out the awesome destinations. Plus, you can enter to win a copy of his adventure in Singapore below. (If you can’t see the giveaway, please click here.)
Disclaimer: I was given a copy of this video in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.
Last updated byat .