Looking for a fun and meaningful way to celebrate love this Valentine’s Day with your family? Check out these Valentine’s Day Bible Verse Countdown for kids.
Valentine’s Day is all about love, of course. But before we can pour out love on others, we must first fill up with the only source of TRUE love…God. Most of us struggle daily to really grasp how deep and how wide the love of God really is. Why not do a Valentine’s Day Countdown by filling up on God’s love?
This is what I wanted for my kids, to focus first and foremost on God’s love. So, I created a little countdown. It’s simple. It HAS to be. As a single mom (who happens to work full-time and homeschool), SIMPLE is an absolute must when it comes to getting anything done. Of course, each day the countdown presents the opportunity to talk or read about various things about God and even extend this kind of love to others. But the core of the countdown can be done in as little as 5 minutes a day with as little as 10 minutes total preparation for the entire countdown. Yes, that’s perfectly simple!
Valentine’s Day Bible Verse Countdown for Kids
Simply, print the pages on cardstock paper if you have it. This will make them durable enough to use next year too. I even laminated mine. If you don’t have a laminator yet, what are you waiting for? It’s my favorite household appliance. Ha!
Next choose how you will display your Valentine’s Day countdown. Look for a great place in your home that gets frequent traffic. A few of my favorites are:
- On the fridge door (tape or magnet)
- On the mirror in the family room
- On the bathroom door (you know everyone goes in there every day!)
- On a bookcase in the school room
- On a column or wall opening in your living room
How we use the Valentine’s Bible Verse countdown each day
1. Each morning when the kids wake up, they know to search for that day’s heart. I hide it somewhere in the house and it’s such fun to find it. I tell them that we are going on a treasure hunt for God’s love.
2. Once we find it, we add it to our display and then look up the verse in the Bible. The kids take turns reading the verse.
3. I have them write the verse in their journals and write or draw something that they think of when they read that verse. REAL LIFE—> Yes, sometimes we skip stuff like this. It happens and I’m totally ok with that. In fact, there is much benefit in just reading the verse and no reason to feel obligated to this step at all!
4. Together we talk about what they wrote or drew in the journals and then brainstorm some of the ways we should respond to God’s amazing love as we’ve seen in this verse. This can be as simple as saying kind words to your siblings. But it also is a great time to think of a way that your family could serve someone else today.
GET YOUR FREE PRINTABLES:
Get your FREE Valentine’s Day Bible Verse countdown plus our Christian Valentine card printables by filling out the form below!
Through practical tools & Bible-based resources, Kim Sorgius is dedicated to helping your family GROW in faith so you can be Not Consumed by life’s struggles. Author of popular kid’s devotional Bible studies and practical homeschooling tools, Kim has a master’s degree in education and curriculum design coupled with over 2 decades of experience working with kids and teens. Above all, her most treasured job is mother and homeschool teacher of four amazing kiddos.